My Therapeutic Focus
Even though I have been qualified to work with individuals of all ages, my area of expertise has been in working with children of 0 – 12 years old and consulting their parents from a systemic point of view using eclectic interventions. The majority of the areas I support families are on emotional issues such as:
- Anxieties, phobias & obsessive – compulsive behaviors
- Eating and sleeping difficulties
- Toilet training and soiling
- Terrible two's & establishing boundaries,
- Difficulties with social relationships, friendship building and coping with bullying,
- Anger management,
- Family relationships,
- Behavioral problems
- Parenting skills
I also deliver seminars & workshops about parenting skills in small groups and in various schools on topics such as:
- Setting boundaries,
- Developmental stages and how to approach them effectively,
- Sleeping and eating problems,
- Self-esteem building,
- How to play with children in order to enhance their potential, development and attachment with their parents,
- Emotional coaching.
As a Registered Clinical Psychologist I use various assessment tools, which are: WISC 4, CAT, DUSS, Bender, Metropolitan.
The therapeutic methods I use with the child includes Short-Term Therapies, Systemic Therapy, Cognitive-Behavior Therapy - CBT, Psychodynamic approaches, Solution-Focused work, or Play Therapy tailored according to the child's and parents' needs to learn more adaptive ways of coping.